Photo via: thisoldhouse.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Headboards The standard height of a headboard is 48 inches from the floor to its top, which leaves about 24 inches from the top of the mattress to the top of the headboard. Higher-end headboards tend to be 55 to 68 inches, which works much better for us as we are tall. You want it to be comfortable enough to lean back against and read this book. Be careful about hanging artwork above the headboard, as you want to ensure you won’t knock your head on it. Read more: http://www.oprah.com/home/The-
- A stylish, organised wardrobe is one of life’s simple pleasures, but when you’re short on room – and have far too many clothes for your closet – making your wardrobe a design feature can be tricky. You don’t have to have the biggest of boudoirs to create a cool closet, with a few clever tips and tricks you can turn your wardrobe into a stylish space no matter the size. From styled up hanging rails to creative curtain tricks, here’s how to give your wardrobe ultimate staying power…
- Shelves above the bed are an alternative to a bookcase or even a dresser. If you’re tall enough, you can hang these types of shelves above your bed to eliminate the clutter created by dressers and other flat surfaces. It also helps to draw attention upwards rather than focusing on the overall size of the room, as stated in tip 11.
- There are so many things to love about French country decorating. Even if your personal style leans a different direction, you can find things to appreciate. The colors, the textures, the luxury, it all comes together in a perfect scene that makes you feel like you stepped into a peaceful French chalet. So if that’s…Youre reading 10 Tips for Creating The Most Relaxing French Country Bedroom Ever , originally posted on Homedit. If you enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Homedit on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. :: Home Decor
- College dorms dont exactly have a rep for being the most beautiful living spaces. But heres a lesson to all the soon-to-be-freshmen out there in the world: Life is a whole lot more fun if you learn to think on the bright side. What dorm rooms might lack in style, they make up for in neutrality. Your white concrete cube is a blank canvas to get creative with some beautiful solutions.
- Home Products from Houzz….this is exactly the backsplash I want! a little glitz and glam with neutral tones to offset it looking too girly! Perfect for a bath, kitchen, or random awesomeness throughout the house!
- Walls are Restoration Hardware Silver Sage (gray/green/blue tranquil spa-like feel), furniture is painted Sherwin Williams (premium in Satin Finish) Elder White, Ballard Jardin Toile drapes, Ballard Coretta Wood Fragments Set of 3 artwork (intricately scrolled crest designs) above bed, Masland Park Avenue carpet, White ceiling, use SW primer before painting furniture & paint with a finish roller or use Flow Trol that smooths out brushstrokes
- How to Make a DIY Window Privacy Screen. Materials needed: wood for frame, tape measure to measure windows, sheer fabric, hot glue or spray adhesive. No screws, nails, or hardware to attach it! Moves up and down and held in place when wedged into the window. Get tutorial and video on the blog. Thrift Diving
- Easy ways to decorate a small bedroom on a budget with lots of ideas that you might not have considered before. Putting them all in one place will help you design the interior, without spending a lot of time or money on finding the right decorating solution. Make the most of the space you have and create a clutter free bedroom sanctuary you know you deserve. Click through to find out more.
- Using sheer, gauzy curtains can help make a room feel like a dreamscape in the clouds. Adding that some material as curtains to a bedframe or as a decorative accent along a vanity or doorframe can also bring a romantic look. Small embellishments like the small chandelier in the photo can bring another element of loftiness to a room, depending on how dramatic you want the effect.
- Inspiration if you want to remodel your bedroom Bedroom renovationation
- we went to Lowes and purchased about 4 sheets of the 4×8 paint-ready utility plywood and had Lowes cut them into 6 inch strips, length wise. We paid about $3.00 extra to have all the cuts made for us but it was WELL worth it! After we brought them home we quickly sanded down the edges where there were any splinters or rough spots from the cuts. – See more at: http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2012/11/diy-wood-planked-walls-tutorial.htmlsthash.hem6KcZ6.dpufked Walls Tutorial